The Petchey Academy A-Level results 2018
Headlines & highlights
- More than a third of our students achieved 3 or more equivalent passes at A*-B
- 68% gained at least 3*A-C grades
- 11 BTEC students (with equivalent of 3 or more A*-A grades) at Distinction level
- 23% of students going on to higher education will study at a Russell Group university
We are especially pleased with our maths results this year as the most popular A-Level studied by this cohort, more than half of the students achieved A* - B grades. Our physics results were also very pleasing with more than 80% of the students achieving A*-C. We also achieved 100% pass rate for Cambridge Pre-U (a rigorous academic course designed to challenge traditional A Level students through knowledge, research and independent working skills, preparing them for university) and more than 2/3 of these were A*-C grades.
- Keegan Desouza achieved A*, A, A grades in economics, maths and computer science and will be off to Manchester University to study computer science.
- Furkan Pirbudack achieved A* and A in maths and further maths plus B and C in computer science and physics respectively. He’s off to study aerospace engineering at Surrey University
- Tommy Duong achieved A* in maths plus A, B, B in economics, computer science and psychology which has secured his place at Bristol University to study economics and maths.
- Mohammed Rahman achieved A, A in maths and further maths and will be studying at Queen Mary’s University
- Ife Alle achieved A*, A, B, B and has secured a place at Lancaster University to study Management and HR
- Raina Marfo achieved A*, A, B and plans to go on to Manchester University to study International Relations and Politics
- Barbette Anang achieved D*, D*, D* in health and social care and is off to Middlesex University to become a midwife
- Tomi Kuku-Phillips came to Petchey from a local school’s alternative provision, and exceeded expectations with D*, D*, D. He will be studying Business Management and Finance at South Bank University.
Principal Olivia Cole commented on how proud she is of our year 13 students and everything they have achieved in Petchey Sixth Form: “Some of the students have had to overcome significant challenges during the course of their studies so it’s wonderful to see them achieve their goals and going on to university or secure valuable apprenticeship placements. Our emphasis on participation throughout students’ academic career at Petchey, plus opportunities such as our Career Ready programme and partnership with Bloomberg, mean that students have plenty of exposure to the world of work to help them to choose the right path for their next steps.”
The proportion of students progressing onto higher education, apprenticeships or employment is significantly above average.
- 23% of students going on to higher education will study at a Russell Group university including Queen Mary’s, Durham, Bristol and Manchester University.
- 4 students have Oxbridge interviews
- 39% of students are going on to study specialism subjects such as aerospace engineering, maths, sound engineering, midwifery and computer science
- 6% of our students have successfully been through upward clearing having done better than expecte
Securing a level 4 apprenticeship is incredibly competitive so we’re extremely pleased that 12% of our students have secured apprenticeships starting in autumn 2018 at companies including Bloomberg, Hackney Council, Flight School, Premier Inn and City Year.