The Petchey Academy A-Level results 2018
Headlines & highlights
- More than a third of our students achieved 3 or more equivalent passes at A*-B
- 68% gained at least 3*A-C grades
- 11 BTEC students (with equivalent of 3 or more A*-A grades) at Distinction level
- 23% of students going on to higher education will study at a Russell Group university
We are especially pleased with our maths results this year as the most popular A-Level studied by this cohort, more than half of the students achieved A* - B grades. Our physics results were also very pleasing with more than 80% of the students achieving A*-C. We also achieved 100% pass rate for Cambridge Pre-U (a rigorous academic course designed to challenge traditional A Level students through knowledge, research and independent working skills, preparing them for university) and more than 2/3 of these were A*-C grades.
The proportion of students progressing onto higher education, apprenticeships or employment is significantly above average.
- 23% of students going on to higher education will study at a Russell Group university including Queen Mary’s, Durham, Bristol and Manchester University.
- 4 students have Oxbridge interviews
- 39% of students are going on to study specialism subjects such as aerospace engineering, maths, sound engineering, midwifery and computer science
- 6% of our students have successfully been through upward clearing having done better than expected
- Securing a level 4 apprenticeship is incredibly competitive so we’re extremely pleased that 12% of our students have secured apprenticeships starting in autumn 2018 at companies including Bloomberg, Hackney Council, Flight School, Premier Inn and City Year.
- Keegan Desouza achieved A*, A, A grades in economics, maths and computer science and will be off to Manchester University to study computer science.
- Furkan Pirbudack achieved A* and A in maths and further maths plus B and C in computer science and physics respectively. He’s off to study aerospace engineering at Surrey University
- Tommy Duong achieved A* in maths plus A, B, B in economics, computer science and psychology which has secured his place at Bristol University to study economics and maths.
- Mohammed Rahman achieved A, A in maths and further maths and will be studying at Queen Mary’s University
- Ife Alle achieved A*, A, B, B and has secured a place at Lancaster University to study Management and HR
- Raina Marfo achieved A*, A, B and plans to go on to Manchester University to study International Relations and Politics
- Barbette Anang achieved D*, D*, D* in health and social care and is off to Middlesex University to become a midwife
- Tomi Kuku-Phillips came to Petchey from a local school’s alternative provision, and exceeded expectations with D*, D*, D. He will be studying Business Management and Finance at South Bank University.