The new psychology Edexcel specification is 100% linear which means all the exams being at the end of the two year course. Students will study 4 topics in Year 12 and 3 topics in Year 13. The topics covered as well as the skills prepare students who are interested in studying psychology at a university level.
Why choose this course?
- You are interested psychological issues.
- Wanting to think like a psychologist.
- Wanting to develop transferable skills for progression to higher education.
- You are happy to support your learning through wider reading in psychological issues.
- You are choosing sciences, maths or arts and want a contrasting subject to study.
- You relish lively and challenging discussion and debate.
What will I need to be successful?
A confident written style; writing needs to be concise, accurate and detailed. You will have skills in analysis and evaluation.
A desire to extend your understanding of psychology through wider reading.
A willingness to be objective; to be open to others viewpoints and opinions, to want to listen as well as be heard.
A desire to succeed and a willingness to take responsibility.