As an inclusive academy the focus is on each child as an individual whilst fostering a sense of belonging to a rich and diverse community. The Petchey Academy is committed to supporting every child to exceed national expectations whilst experiencing a wide and exciting range of opportunities to equip them with the skillset for a successful future as rounded, mature and confident members of modern British society.
Our ethos, known as “The Petchey Way”, is the bedrock of our academy and encapsulates our traditional British values in a modern world, revolving around the basic concepts of respect and tolerance. This is consolidated in the four Petchey Ps: Politeness, Positivity, Participation and Perseverance. The Petchey Way also applies to staff and centres around expectations of creating an engaging learning environment that promotes respect, equality and inclusivity.
We’re looking for staff who share these values and are passionate about supporting every student to achieve their very best.
Why work with us?
- The opportunity to work in a rich and diverse community, amongst like-minded people who are passionate about supporting our students and want to make a difference.
Dalston and Hackney are booming economically through niche and fashionable industries (such as media, technology and fashion) and a buzzing nightlife scene, but there are still significant pockets of deprivation around the borough and within certain community groups. Every member of staff at the academy is committed to ensuring the best opportunity for every students.
- We believe in the importance of traditional values in a modern world, such as a shared Family Service lunch, and we’re not part of a multi academy trust.
- All staff have the opportunity to earn a % of their salary as an annual bonus with our performance related bonus scheme.
- Staff have access to a wide range of professional development opportunities including up to 9 training days per year and are actively encouraged to participate in CPD.
- Staff can enjoy our sports and fitness club facilities and classes at a heavily discounted rate.
- We have a subsidised café selling fresh coffees, sandwiches, salads and snacks
- We have been recognised by Ofsted as a strong provider of training and development for both new and current staff, whether in teaching or support roles.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subjected to the following checks:
If you are short-listed for interview, your referees will be asked to provide references before interview.
In applying for ANY position, a full declaration of any convictions, bind overs, warnings or any other court proceedings must be stated on the application form. Failure to do so could result in immediate dismissal. NO conviction when applying for a post at The Petchey Academy (or any school) is ever 'SPENT', irrespective of the time elapsed and date when the conviction was received. If in doubt it is better to make the issue known at the time of application.
Please note: A conviction does not automatically mean that you will not be employed. The Governing Body will take a view as to the possible impact of the offence on students at the academy and may authorised the Principal to make an appointment if all other selection criteria and processes have been satisfied.