GCSE Results 2019 (Key Stage 4)
Largest number of students ever get 10 or more GCSEs at top grades
- 30% of all passes were at excellent grades 6-9
- A record breaking 30 students achieved between 10 and 12 GCSEs at grades 5-9 (17.5% of the year group) with over 2/3 of them achieving grades 6 or above in all - this more than is 3 times the number of students in 2018.
- The Sciences were amongst the top performing subjects once again this year with 100% of Biology results at grade 5 or above and 92% of results in both Chemistry and Physics were at grades 5 and above.
- Economics and Mandarin Chinese had their best years ever with 92% and 85% of results at grades 5 or above respectively
- 42% of our students achieved at least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 or above
- 58% of our students achieved at least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above
Principal Olivia Cole remarked “Days like today are the reason that many of us go in to teaching in the first place. To see students celebrating their hard earned success and being rightly proud of themselves has got to be the best part of being in education. We are extremely pleased with another strong set of results in the Sciences, demonstrating how strong these subjects are at the Academy. We are absolutely delighted that such a large number of students have achieved more than 10 GCSEs at grades 5 and above, three times the number of students who achieved this last year. Teaching techniques at The Petchey Academy ensure that the most able students are stretched and challenged to enable them to perform at their very best."
Top performing students 2019
- Kyron Caesar achieved 11 GCSEs all at grades 7-9
- Ali Saif also achieved 11 GCSEs including 6 grades 7-9
- Shalom Adama achieved 11 GCSEs in total including 9 at 7-9
- Yu Han Chen achieved 3 grade 9s, 6 grade 7s plus a 6 and an 8
- Sei Chang Dang got an incredible 12 GCSEs including a 9 and 6 8s
- Salahedeen El-Gharrafi also got 12 GCSEs all at grades 6 and above including 4 grade 8s, 5 grade 7s and a 9
- Shivani Chauhan achieved 12 GCSEs including 3 grade 9s, 3 grade 8s and 4 7s.
Key Stage 5 (Post 16)