Key Stage 3
At The Petchey Academy we endeavour to provide every student with the best possible quality of education, and one that they enjoy, that lays the foundation for a fulfilling and successful future.
Our Key Stage 3 Curriculum is spread over 3 years with students selecting their GCSE options in Year 9. This ensures that students are exposed to a broader and more balanced offer of subjects before they select the options they wish to study for their GCSEs and/or vocational courses in Years 10 and 11, and have more time to discover what interests and inspires them.
The core principles behind our curriculum, regardless of subject or key stage are:
- Challenge and ambition – we want all students to study topics and skills and help them to progress, know more, do more and aim high.
- Breadth and depth – students are encouraged to study diverse, sometimes complimentary, sometimes contrasting, topics giving them the ‘big picture’ but also detailed, expert knowledge where required.
- Inspiration – our teachers love their subjects and aim to inspire students with what makes their subjects special.
- Coherence – our aim is that knowledge and skills are progressively build up throughout a student’s journey here; that this journey is rigorous and makes sense to them.
- Readiness – our curriculum aims to prepare all students for the next stage in their education or career pathway.
Click on the links below for an overview of the topics studied across the year for each subject.
|Key Stage 3||Date|
|Core PE Y7 11||21st Nov 2019||Download|
|Key Stage 3 Art||21st Nov 2019||Download|
|Key Stage 3 Computer Science||21st Nov 2019||Download|
|Key Stage 3 Food Design Technology||21st Nov 2019||Download|
|Key Stage 3 Geography||21st Nov 2019||Download|
|Key Stage 3 History||21st Nov 2019||Download|
|Key Stage 3 Music Drama||21st Nov 2019||Download|
|Key Stage 3 Spanish||21st Nov 2019||Download|
|Key Stage 3 Dance||11th Dec 2019||Download|
|Key Stage 3 Drama||11th Dec 2019||Download|
|Key Stage 3 Music||11th Dec 2019||Download|