Covid related safety measures at the academy - information for parents & carers.Announcement ‐ 11 Sep 2020
What is the academy doing to keep everyone safe?
- The wearing of masks is mandatory for all staff and students when inside the academy and not in classrooms
- Years 7 and 8 are being taught in the same teaching rooms as far as possible to minimize movement around the academy
- Each year group has a designated area of out outdoor space to avoid mixing year groups
- Year groups are separated at lunch time
- Sanitizing stations are available throughout the academy
- The building closes at 6pm each day for deep cleaning
We do also expect students act responsibly by wearing their masks around the academy and observing good respiratory hygiene.
Thank you for supporting the academy with these measures to ensure that we have as safe an environment as possible for our students and minimise the risk of transmission of this virus.
Covid related student absence - quick reference guide for parentsStaff and students are also asked to wear face masks in the corridors when moving around the academy. They will not need to wear them in the classroom or outside.
We do not expect students to wear them in their lessons.
The school cannot provide masks for every student so students must bring their own and carry a spare mask in their school bag. Additional masks are available from student reception.
It is incredibly important that everyone plays their part in helping to stop the spread of coronavirus, as such, we would ask that as parents and carers you support that work that the academy is doing by doing the following:
- Make sure your child brings their own face mask, plus a spare in their bag.
- Ensure that if anyone in your household shows symptoms of COVID-19, you will not send your child to school, you will self-isolate for 14 days as a family, get tested and inform the academy as soon as possible.
- Understand that you cannot come on to the academy site without an appointment and adhere to the 1 metre social distancing rules if collecting or dropping off a child.
- Ensure your child washes their hands before leaving home and on arrival at the academy.
- Read all emails and text messages sent home and respond promptly if required.
- Provide up to date emergency contacts details.