Welcome to our Sixth Form
At The Petchey Academy Sixth Form our aim is to develop independent and accomplished learners, well prepared for success in whichever career pathway they decide to follow, and who contribute positively to the community of Dalston, Hackney and beyond.
We are committed to supporting our students to be fulfilled, happy and healthy, both in body and in mind. Students studying in our sixth form benefit from:
- A wide choice of A Level and BTEC courses to enable you to select the best fit for you and your future career ambitions.
- Superb teaching in small classes from staff who are passionate about their subjects.
- Outstanding support and pastoral care from staff that know you personally, plus daily tutor time to focus on personal development and mental health.
- High quality careers guidance to ensure that students are extremely well informed about all the opportunities open to them and how to achieve their goals.
- A wide range of opportunities and workshops to help you to stand out from the rest when you apply to university or a job, including the Envision Community Apprentice, Bloomberg Robotics, Student Leadership, Peer Mentoring and many more in years 12 and 13.
- Our Medical Enhanced programme specially designed for students wishing to pursue a career in medicine, research, healthcare and related areas.
- FREE access to our Sports Club and exercise classes all year round.
- A friendly subsidised cafeteria serving great coffee, snacks, sandwiches, salads and a healthy lunch every day.
The closing date for Sixth Form applications is Friday 12th January 2024.
Sixth Form Bursary
Please click here for more information about the sixth form bursary
The 16-19 Bursary Fund is paid by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) to schools and colleges so that they may provide financial assistance to young people who face the greatest barriers to continuing in education post 16.
Students who are eligible must apply online through the application form on the The Petchey Academy website and provide the required evidence to support the application by Friday 7th October 2022.
Conditions of funding
If you are assessed to be eligible for bursary, payment will be made in 4 instalments during semesters 2-5. All awards will be conditional on attendance and behaviour and the semester’s payment will be suspended if the following have not been met:
- At least 95% attendance (including authorised study leave) assessed for the semester preceding payment.
- Evidence to demonstrate that the student is on track to achieve year end targets.
- Appropriate behaviour – not in breach of code of conduct/ learner agreement/ behaviour policy.