Post 16 Results
The Petchey Academy A-Level results 2019
- 100% of our Y13 students achieved at least 3 A Levels or equivalent qualifications
- 21% of students achieved all A*-A grades or equivalent
- 39% of our students achieved 3A*-B grades or equivalent
- 10 BTEC students achieved at Distinction level, equivalent to 3 A*-A grades
- 46% of students going on to higher education will study at a Russell Group university
Student destinations 2019
The proportion of students progressing onto higher education, apprenticeships or employment is significantly above average.
- 46% of students going on to higher education will study at a Russell Group university including Queen Mary’s, Liverpool, Glasgow, Warwick and Manchester University.
- 44% of students are going on to study our STEM specialism subjects such as biomedicine, maths, astrophysics and computer science.
In 2019 we saw a significant improvement in the performance of all the A Level Sciences alongside positive and/or improved Value-Added scores in a range of subjects, notably Psychology, Maths and Chemistry. We also saw a very strong performance in our Pre-U subjects Economics and History (a rigorous academic course designed to challenge students), and we are extremely pleased that so many of our BTEC students achieved top marks again this year, demonstrating how strong this area is at the Academy.
University isn’t the right career pathway for every student so 5 of this year's cohort are going on to do apprenticeships which include including placements in finance and with the RAF.