The Aim of our Curriculum
At The Petchey Academy we endeavour to provide every student with the best possible quality of education, and one that they enjoy, that lays the foundation for a fulfilling and successful future. The core principles behind our curriculum, regardless of subject or key stage are:
- Challenge and ambition – we want all students to study topics and skills and help them to progress, know more, do more and aim high.
- Breadth and depth – students are encouraged to study diverse, sometimes complimentary, sometimes contrasting, topics giving them the ‘big picture’ but also detailed, expert knowledge where required.
- Inspiration – our teachers love their subjects and aim to inspire students with what makes their subjects special.
- Coherence – our aim is that knowledge and skills are progressively build up throughout a student’s journey here; that this journey is rigorous and makes sense to them.
- Readiness – our curriculum aims to prepare all students for the next stage in their education or career pathway.
Follow the links to find out how these principles are brought to life in different curriculum areas: