The Aim of our Curriculum
At The Petchey Academy we provide every student with the best possible quality of education, one that they enjoy, and that lays the foundation for a fulfilling and successful future. The core principles behind our curriculum, regardless of subject or key stage are:
- Challenge and ambition – we want all students to study topics and skills that help them to progress, know more, do more and aim high. We believe that being ambitious with our curriculum is about giving students opportunities they might not otherwise have.
- Knowledge-rich – we want all students to be exposed to the powerful knowledge of rich vocabulary, key concepts and big ideas across all subjects and key stages.
- Breadth and depth – students will study diverse, sometimes complimentary, sometimes contrasting, topics giving them the ‘big picture’ but also detailed, expert knowledge where required.
- Inspiration – our teachers love their subjects and aim to inspire students with what makes their subjects special.
- Coherence – our aim is that knowledge and skills be progressively built up across the units, the years and the key stages; that they be sequenced and coherent so all students have a well-developed understanding of their learning journey.
- Readiness – our curriculum prepares all students for the next stage in their education or career pathway.
If you have any further questions about our curriculum, please don't hesitate to get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org